Good Afternoon Pencils,
Get to know me! I stumbled upon 50 random questions, and thought it would be a fun little way for fellow bloggers to learn a little bit about me. Do we share any similarities? Yes? No? Feel free to share how we’re alike or different with a comment!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes and no. My parents, who are Lebanese, were dining at a Lebanese restaurant when they heard a mother say to her young daughter, “Rola, come here” (in Arabic). My mother liked the softness of the name and decided then, with my father, that their first-born (yours truly) would be named Rola.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
A week ago. They were not happy tears, but thankfully the unhappy tears are few and far between.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
That I do, print and cursive.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don’t have a favorite lunch meat. If I had to pick, I’d go with turkey.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Absolutely! Was that too matter-of-fact? Too certain? Okay, I’ll retract my answer and change it to: Abso-freakin’-lutely.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
A lot? No. Often? Yes.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
I do. They haven’t given me a reason to separate from them.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not a chance. Not anytime soon, anyway. I would, however, entertain the idea of going on a hot air balloon ride.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Corn flakes in their original state. I do not add sugar, though I’ll occasionally throw in slices of banana or apples. The idea here is, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Depends on the shoes.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I do. I have a quiet strength.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Private Selection’s “Moose Tracks.” If you’re unfamiliar with this, just know it’s chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and peanut butter! If I could shake the hand of the person who decided to combine chocolate and peanut butter together, I would.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Red for this. Pink for that.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I’ll tell you, if you tell me.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I am blessed to have people near and dear, and those who are far are only a call, text message, video chat, email, car ride, train ride, and or plane ride away. I miss no one and everyone, simultaneously.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MOOD?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Tan and army green sandals.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Spicy Doritos with spicy cheese sauce to dip (hold the judgment).
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Justin Timberlake’s “Mirrors” (the full version). I listened to this track for two hours straight last week. It was also the soundtrack to my thirty-minute workout.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Purple. If I were a marker, purple. If I were a water color, purple. Noticing a pattern, here?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fiance’s cologne (on him), freshly cleaned clothes, burning embers, and the scents which take me down memory lane.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
I like them both. Don’t make me choose!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Volleyball, and I’m slowly being converted into a Football enthusiast. Keyword: slowly. Fiance is a fan of the SF 49ers! Red and gold make for a great combination.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown. Au naturale.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Lebanese. Mexican. Italian. Indian. I could never turn down a mountain of seven-layered nachos with the works!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy beginnings. Happiness shouldn’t have an ending. Oh! I just came up with that right now. You liked that one, didn’t you?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. My good friend selected it. Never heard of it? If Harry Potter and Twilight had a watered-down child, TMICOB would be that.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m not wearing a shirt. Get your mind out of the gutter! I’m wearing a gray sweater with silver embellishments.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. I do like the cuddle-esque tenderness of Winter though.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Endless supply of both, please.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer, iPad Mini.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t have a mouse pad. So, what’s on yours?
41. ANY TATTOOS?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
My two-and-half year old cousin’s laugh. Quite possibly the cutest sound my ears have ever had the honor of hearing.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Dare I say, “neither.”
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Lebanon and Italy.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can move my ears. No, really, I can.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Southern California/West Coast/Best Coast.
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Somewhere you aren’t. There goes that sarcasm mentioned in an earlier question.
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
One of the colors of the rainbow.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. ANY PETS?
None. I do intend on becoming the proud owner of an adorable Yorkshire Terrier one day.
Well, would you look at that. The question portion of the afternoon has just come to an end. More posts coming soon!
XO & Pencils,