It’s Thursday, ya’ll! You know what that means? We are one day closer to my favorite day of the week: Friday. Soooo, I’ve seen the “Liebster Award” being happily given and accepted from and to some fellow bloggers, and I wasn’t sure what it was exactly until, an adorable blogger, Phoebe, nominated me for one! It’s an award created and shared by fellow bloggers who nominate his or her favorite blogger whose blog has 200 readers or fewer (don’t quote me on the exact number as it seems to have changed since the award’s inception). It’s a fun way to basically share the love among the blogging community. So, here are the four elements of the Liebster Award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to his or her blog.
2) Answer the 10 questions by the nominee before you.
3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 readers, and notify them of their nomination.
4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My ten nominees, in no particular order:
Peonies and Love peoniesandlove.blogspot.com
My ten 10 questions for my nominees:
If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
What’s the first thing you notice about people?
What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
What is the most memorable class you have ever taken?
Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
When do you find yourself singing?
What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
Coming up with a blog name was a teamwork effort between my fiance and I. We kept trying to combine different words and phrases together, and I ultimately wanted something that was easy to spell and easy to remember. Somewhere in the midst of the brainstorm a lightbulb went off and he suggested “the talking pencil.”
- What would your Superhero name be?
I’ve never really thought about that! Let’s go with “The Incredible Pencil.” I’m kidding. “Poetic Justice” works for now.
- What’s your favorite TV show?
Boy Meets World.
- What are three things on your bucket list?
Visit each state in the United States at least once.
Publish a novel, collection of short stories, and a collection of poetry.
Have something awesome named after me. No stars or constellations, please. That’s been overdone. Wink.
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
Noah Calhoun. Well, Ryan Gosling’s version of Noah Calhoun. Swooooon.
- What is your most prized possession?
Ohh, I’d tell you, but then I’d have to…
- Describe yourself in three words.
Creative, silly, young at heart.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I don’t know if it’s my guiltiest pleasure, but one of my guilty pleasures is watching “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.” Someone take me to the “Garden” state!
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Earning my Master’s in Creative Writing (Poetry) and not letting a broken arm during my final month of the program stop me from completion!
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
That would have to be most recent “5 Tips For A Happier You” post. Happiness was something I was think a lot about that day and the tips just spilled out of my thoughts and onto the virtual page.
XO & Pencil Chatter,